Sunday, November 23, 2014

What comes after accelerators

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about my penchant for storing away articles I come across.  I've also talked many times about my continued interest (here or there, for example) in high energy physics.  It's been two decades since I left grad school, but I still have to credit my background in particle physics for my test engineering career.

A few days ago I came across a piece I had stored away from back in July about what might come after accelerators.  The author, Dr. Victor Stenger, pointed out that while ever more powerful accelerators may not be on anyone's radar right now, there are numerous other tests to expand our knowledge of the universe.

So I then looked up Dr. Stenger and found out he died back in August.  Depressing, but it looked like he lived a good life.  So I downloaded his last book God and the Multiverse and started reading it.  I'm only a chapter or so into it, but it's fascinating.

No comments: