Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Yet more salary surveys

Every so often I like to look at salary surveys.  On average I have changed jobs about every two years over the past two decades.  So surveys come in handy.  Here's a couple that I came across recently.
This is a pretty good survey from a respected name in software.  Not really my cup of tea, but I program often enough to find it interesting.

Design News 2014 Salaries for 10 Engineering Disciplines
I check Design News a few times a week.  Usually they post/repost interesting items.  But this survey is really more of a overview of salary ranges.  There's no commentary about regions of the country, years of experience, etc.  I suppose it might be useful if you were a parent talking to your kid about how much they might make as a n engineer.  I'm in that situation for at least the next few years, so that's why I looked at it.

No comments: